AHT roots all of its activities on the following teachings:
- Healing, learning, and teaching are synonymous
- We are all responsible for our personal health, wellness, and healing
- Nature and creation is our First Family. We show respect for our First Family and include them in our prayers. We also show respect for the spirits of our ancestors who are part of our First Family.
- There is an energy or life force which exists throughout nature and creation. This energy is within all of us. It gives us life and emanates from the human body. It is our spirit; it then affects the mind, then the emotions, and finally the body; for healing to occur, treatment must include our whole being.
- The Healing Path also includes preparations for the journey to the Spirit World. Death is part of the cycle of life